Phys. Rep Aids
Welcome! The following links are a curated list of resources and vendors that the Legacies Logistics team has put together for the playership. We are not affiliated with any of the listed organizations or individuals, unless otherwise noted. This list is also certainly not an exclusive list of all vendors and resources available - if you come across a source you think should be added, feel free to contact the Web team, and we'll consider it!
Crafting Resources, Recommendations, and Suggestions
The Logistics team is actively looking for more resources to include in this section - if you have a favorite crafting tutorial, whether it's for garb, weapons, armor, or other crafts, please feel free to send us a link, as well as a brief description of why you like it! If we agree, it might end up on the website. Additionally, if you're skilled in a craft project and want to create a tutorial for us, please do! We'd be happy to include it on the website.
All tutorials and links provided in this suggestion are suggestions - all players are encouraged to come up with their own ways to craft their Legacies gear!
- Folkwear - This site sells a wide variety of clothing patterns, many of which are suitable for garb at Legacies.
- American Duchess - American Duchess primarily sells shoes and footwear, but has a small pattern section, including some free patterns.
- Historical Sewing - Historical Sewing contains a lot of links to other pattern websites, organized by era. They also have a variety of sewing tutorials and resources.
- Nehelenia Patterns - Nehalania patterns sells a variety of patterns for several different eras. The medieval ones are most applicable to Legacies, though you can find useful resources throughout their site!
- Renaissance Tailor [Via the Web Archive] - The Renaissance Tailor is an amazing resource with a variety of free, Renaissance patterns. Sadly, it has been taken down, but can still be accessed via the web archive. Patterns are mostly located in the "Demonstrations" section of the website.
- Etsy - An online hub for a variety of small shops and individuals craftspersons, Etsy carries just about everything, including patterns! Patterns on Etsy are also more likely to be inclusive of a variety of sizes, given that they're all made by real people rather than corporations.
- House Marsvin - House Marsvin is a family of SCA reneactors who focus on old Danish clothing and gear. Their website contains a variety of articles, mostly focused on Viking, Danish, or Scandinavian clothing, but also a variety of analysis and information posts on 14th century clothing, food, and other topics.
- Elizabethan Costume - Elizabethan Costume Page has an extensive amount of research on Elizabethan clothing. If you're wondering how to care for a corset, how to make your own stockings, or what fashions were worn by Elizibethan rapier fighters, you've come to the right place! They also have lists of pattern resources, as well as a guide to how to resize Historic patterns. Additionally, they have patterns grouped by cultural region or country, including historical German, Middle-Eastern, Romani, and Russian clothing.
- Tolkien Reinactment Ranger's Guide - More of a source of inspiration than strict crafting instructions, this extremely detailed guide describes how to create your own "Tolkien Ranger" kit, complete with camping and survival gear. While some of it isn't applicable to Legacies, the garb section has excellent ideas and inspiration for an outdoorsman character's garb.
- Building a Custom Larp Sword Youtube tutorial - this extremely detailed tutorial walks through the process of crafting high quality custom foam weapons.
- Jay's Seal Clubber Tutorial - Made by a Legacies player, this is a basic guide for making really simple, club shaped LARP weapons with approximately $20 worth of materials per weapon.
- Riley's Spell Scroll Tutorial - This guide describes one method of how to make Legacies spell scrolls using paper, a printer, and an item tag. It covers both the artistic aesthetics of making scrolls, as well as the mechanical requirements for Legacies Larp.
- Scott Martin's Armour Pages - A metalworking website for historical armoring. While few Legacies attendants build their own metal armor from scratch (if any), the patterns for armor assembly can be useful information for creating custom mixed or rigid armor.
- JOANN - JOANN is a franchise of fabric and craft stores that can provide anything from fleece fabric remnants to jewelry. They typically also have a selection of clothing patterns that can be used to fashion some basic garb.For purchasing fabric or other craft materials, they're a solid first place to look.
- TAP Plastics - If making your own weapons, TAP is the place to go for suitable and safe cores.
Purchasing Phys Reps
The following websites are known to the Legacies organization as frequent and quality vendors for LARP related goods. Legacies doesn't have any official partnership with any of them unless otherwise noted, nor do we get commissions or any compensation for recommending them. Recommendations are solely provided to provide resources to our members who might be looking for a place to purchase garb, weapons, armor, or other LARP gear.
Weapons, Armor, and More
- Epic Armoury - Epic Armoury is a known and respected vendor of LARP weapons. Many players who buy weapons from them typically get several years worth of longevity out of well-maintained weapons. Epic Armoury weapons need to be maintained with repair gel, protective silicone gel, or maintenance silicon, which they also sell. Their shields are very well made and will provide years of longevity if properly maintained.
- They also do scavenger deals, which contain unique accessories, weapons and trinkets that are in some way "imperfect" and a fraction of the cost but are safe to use at Legacies. They come as either individual random weapons or as a bundle (bronze, silver, gold and long).
- Calimacil - Calimacil is a well-respected Canadian vendor of weapons and shields. Weapons & shields created by Calimacil typically pass Safety inspections at Legacies, though this is of course not a guarantee. They also provide an excellent source of various accessories, ranging from books and pouches to weapon frogs and belts. Additionally, Calimacil products are some of the most rugged and durable weapons out there, and have been known to survive things that would damage less durable weapons, like being left out in the rain or the sun for extended periods of time. However, their product may take a while to get to you, as Calimacil is based in Canada.
- Calimacil Rewards Program: Thinking of buying new Calimacil stuff? Please use the following link to participate in the Legacies Rewards program: http://calimacil.com/?aff=104
- This link adds a cookie to your browser, which lasts a total of 7 days. During this 7 day period, if you buy something from Calimacil, 10% of the purchase price is given to the Legacies organization as rewards. This means the org can buy cool Calimacil stuff too!
- Dark Knight Armoury - Dark Knight Armoury is a distributor that sources from a wide range of respected vendors, such as Calimacil, as well as many other sources. They offer both LARP weapons and actual steel, so make sure you're in the LARP section before purchasing a nice looking blade. In addition to weapons, they are a good source of jewelry, accessories, feastwear, halloween costumes, armor, shields, and other garb.They do have several categories of every-day t-shirts as well, and carry a lot of Epic Armoury or Calimacil products. Of note, not all vendors on Dark Knight Armoury are of the same quality, and particularly some weapons they carry, especially those less than $30 US or those manufactured by Mytholon, have been known to regularly fail safety.
- Darkblade UK - Darkblade is another manufacturer of LARP weapons, shields, accessories, and various accessory packs, based in the central region of the United Kingdom. Many of the accessory packs they provide are of the belt pouch or writing implement variety, but some of their accessories, such as the shield strap, are completely unique and not found on any of the other sites listed here.
- Armstreet - Amstreet manufactures metal armor, shields, jewelry, garb, footwear, decorative metal weapons, archery gear, and halloween costumes. They sell very high quality gear, at high quality prices.
- Dein LARP Shop - Dein LARP shop manufactures garb, LARP weapons, metal armor, and a variety of DIY craft projects. They also sell products for maintaining gear, such as silicon spray.
- Medieval collectables - Medieval Collectables is another distributor, sourcing from several other vendors. They carry a wide variety of products ranging from garb, LARP weapons, shields, metal weapons, and halloween costumes. They also have accessories, footwear, and 19 different mystery box subscriptions. Once again, please make sure you are in the LARP section of their site before buying new weapons, and feel free to ask a Safety ref if you have any questions on the brands they carry. Their Mytholon brand weapons, notably, are not considered safe for Legacies.
- Nemesis Ateliers Workshop - Based out of Quebec, Canada, they appear to have a limited selection of weapons and accessories. They also have a small selection of DIY foam products and a crossguard that can be used for making custom swords.
- Kult of Athena - Kult of Athena is a distributor that sources from a variety of smaller vendors, many of whom are not represented elsewhere on this list. From which you can purchase various types of shields, metal weapons, LARP weapons, garb, pre-owned accessories, prosthetics, jewelry, and armor. A very expansive and unique selection for gear of all types, especially armor. Their Mytholon brand weapons, notably, are not considered safe for Legacies.
Armor, Garb, and Accessories
- Wyrmwick Creations LTD - Wyrmwick specializes in polyurethane molded plastic fancy looking armor. Since it is made of plastic, it is also light-weight. They are based in Worcestershire in the United Kingdom. Of note, their prices are all in Euros, so you will need to use a currency converter. Their products can be expensive, but the negligible weight and impressive aesthetics make their products worthwhile.
- Mytholon - Based in Germany, they are a great source for armor, accessories, camp wear and garb. However, it is important to note that their weapons are not considered safe for Legacies, and rarely, if ever, pass the Safety Inspection.
- Sinister Metalworks - Sinister Metalworks, run by one of our very own Legacies players, specializes in lightweight and artistic high fantasy steel armor and crowns. All armor produced by Sinister Metalworks strives to be easy to move in, long lasting, and beautiful.
- NorthFur FX - As a vendor specialized in fur products, a very good resource for felinae, canid, or mongrel characters. Their products include 2 or 3 different kinds of crafting methods, and several different shapes for your canid or felinae prosthetics.
- Avalon Shop: Negozio Medievale - Based in Italy, Avalon shop specializes in armor for many different historical reenactment groups. They have a wide range of good looking armor in a wide range of sizes, and communicate measurements of pieces clearly.
- Windlass - Based in India, they are a source of leather accessories, garb and jewelry.
- Steel Mastery - Steel Mastery is another store based in Ukraine. Their website contains a good size range and communicates well how you would measure yourself before you order armor. They produce extremely high quality armor, including full contact fighting armor, sold at high quality armor prices.
- Mask World - This store is mostly a Halloween costume shop, but has a good amount of costumes and generic supplies. Occasionally, they have really good deals on LARP stuff.
- StahlGilde Global - This link takes you to an external store that is based in Ukraine, and provides armor & garb.
- Chow's Emporium - This store is based in the United Kingdom and has a wide array of garb with a limited selection of accessories.
An online hub for a variety of small shops and individuals craftspersons, Etsy carries everything from custom elf ears to intricate full suits of armor. A great many LARP-focused stores exist on Etsy, more than can be listed here. Some of our favorite shops are listed before
- Morgana's Collection - This is a provider of garb & leather accessories.
- Coeur de Mithril - This store provides garb, jewelry & an assortment of leather scales for DIY soft armor.
- Arthammer Workshop - This store sells LARP safe fantasy armor.
- Fell And Fair - This is a provider of garb & leather accessories.
- La Fucina del Drago - This store provides a selection of leather & metal armor, latex weapons (mostly hammers), latex masks, and an assortment of other accessories.
- Artisans d' Azure LARP - A well known brand amongst LARPers, this site provides a selection of garb, weapons, leather accessories, and some DIY craft projects.
- Andracor - This shop makes leather armor & accessories.
- Atelierbacodaseta - This shop makes garb, with a high emphasis on fantasy & cosplay.
- Creadores a Sueldo - This store specializes mostly in throwable weapons, but they do also carry a selection of armor, masks, horns, and accessories.
- Bastion Larp - This store provides helmets, oriented toward either Lord of the Rings or For Honor. Also carry bracers and pauldrons.
- Outcast Props - This merchant is a provider of leather armor and accessories. They have a selection of masks, armor and belt accessories specifically.
- Mitryl - They make LARP weapons of various shapes and sizes, including a couple of boffer fish.
- 108 Arrows - They sell leather armor, archery accessories, and various leather accessories.
- Duft Werks - This appears to be mostly fragrance and environmental enhancers, like perfume.
- Chicken Vicious - The proprietor of ChickenVicious provides quality goods at a reasonable price. If you are looking for a custom design, she will often work with you to determine appropriate measurements to ensure a good fit.
- Historical Art Shop - Historical Art Shop sells garb, armor, chainmail jewelry, accessories, and miscellaneous baubles.
- Timeless Leatherworks Made by one of our own Legacies players, Timeless Leatherworks' handmade pouches are made to last. These are suitable for everyday use or in-game.
- GORG The Blacksmith - This store provides various weapons and shields, as well as a device called a PIK-Clip, a useful belt accessory for carrying claw boffers.
- Zardwin Larp Store - Zardwin Larp Store provides a mix of weapon accessories, garb, DIY scales for armor, and belt accessories.
- Dracolite : Dracolite provides a wide variety of garb, leather armor & accessories, and jewelry.
- Hunting Faeries Hunting Faeries provides some amazing-looking felt masks and tails for canids. They also carry a selection of assorted felt masks for felinae or other mongrels as well.
If you own a business that produces larp products, feel free to reach out to the Legacies Logistics Team to get your business listed on this page